You may be able to compromise many things when you need to have the perfect bathroom! For instance, it is possible to optimize the total costs by selecting an affordable bathtub or something. Nevertheless, an area that you should never compromise is the shower head. Given that you use your bathroom to get an awesome shower — every single day —, it’s essential to have one of the
best shower heads from the total market. You should also look for additional features like different water-level controls and all. Along with these, cleaning those shower heads is an important task. It becomes way too significant if you need the product to last long.
Unlike most of you think, there are easy ways to clean almost all the new shower head products. In you have noted, most products come with an easier installation process. You may not even need tools to set up those shower heads in your bathroom. In this article, we will tell you how you can clean shower heads easily. That is, how you can keep this small equipment clean and make it last longer. First, we will have a guide to the simple cleaning process and then will share some effective tips for the same. Are we ready to go?
The Simple Way of Shower Head Cleaning
If there aren’t many mineral deposits on the shower head, this method is recommended. Also, you should be cleaning the showerheads once in a while — and, not on yearly basis or so. To do this, you just need the help of a plastic bag and some vinegar. As you may know, Vinegar is an awesome player when it comes to cleansing metal-based products. If you have a showerhead that has Chrome, Silver or other metal-powered finishes, you should choose the method.
The basic logic of this step is to soak your shower head. By soaking it with vinegar, you will be able to better its cleanliness and beauty. You will have to attach the plastic bag to the showerhead. You can use a rubber-band to ensure it in the given-place. Once that’s done, you can fill the bag with sufficient amount of vinegar. And, you should allow the shower head to be soaked in vinegar, which may take up to an hour. After one or more hours, you can release the plastic bag. Just clean the showerhead with a soft cloth, and it will shine as though it’s brand-new.
If you noticed, this method doesn’t require removal of showerhead from the shower-arm. So, in the end, it requires lesser efforts and time — which is a big perk.
The Advanced Method for Shower Head Cleaning
If you are ready to take some effort and remove the shower head from the bathroom, you can consider this way of cleaning. It may involve some more technicalities and require some more time. But, once again, given the huge amount of mineral deposits, it seems to be an effective way-out for cleaning task.
You have to follow the steps given below to clean your shower head in an advanced manner. In some steps or other, you may have to use some tools. Shall we move onto those steps, then?
- First, you have to disconnect the shower head from the shower-arm. Using a wrench, you will be able to get the job done. In addition, if you want to preserve the finished beauty of the product, it is advised to use a set of soft clothes. That is, you can wrap the wrench before connecting to the shower head. This should be done with care, though. If you are confused, you can check the product manual or go for some video tutorials.
- Now, you have to clean the shower head using a rinse. Instead of normal water-flow, we recommend the use of sharp rinse flow. During the flow, you can place the shower head upside down. That is, the cleaning solution should get in through the shower-holes and make their way out using the shower-arm connector. This way, you would be able to remove all sorts of mineral depositions, if any. Since the output is via shower-arm connector knob, more amount of debris will be taken care of.
- This step is optional and should be done with proper care. Also, you would need the basic knowledge about the design and working of a shower-head. We recommend this step only if you find an extreme amount of mineral depositions inside the head. If you are doing this, you need the help of vinegar and a container. The steps are simple: you will have to dismantle the head into different pieces. After you have taken out the remaining debris, you can soak those parts in vinegar solution you have. This is a sure-shot method to remove all types of debris and depositions you will ever find inside a shower head.
- Once you are done with the above steps, you can put back the shower-head. Like we did in the case of uninstallation, we recommend the use of a cushioning cloth along with the best wrench. If you’re not confident about the tightness of connection, you can try the use of a plumbing tape. Keep it there until the connection is secured.
This is the 4-step process you can follow for cleaning a shower-head. As you can see, you may need a better set of skill and more time to complete this thing. That having said, there is no question about its results. You will have the best-looking shower head — which is clean, inside and outside. If you can follow the right set of tutorials and the product manual, we recommend going for this way.
Some Tips for Cleaning Your Shower Head
Here are some steps that can help you to make the cleaning process easier and complete. These are surely optional and it’s up to your choice to utilize these tips in the end.
- Along with the shower heads, you should also clean the attached nozzles. These are one major source for water-loss. If you find any deposits on the nozzle, you can use some tiny tools for removing them.
- Put the showerhead in the vinegar solution, as much time as you can. It will allow the solution to reach almost all parts of the shower-head equipment and get the job done.
- Last but not least, you should use the right set of clothes for polishing the cleaned shower head. We recommend the use of some soft towels or something even softer.
So, this is how you can clean shower heads easily. It’s up to you to choose the simple method or the advanced one. You just need to ensure the basic knowledge and the confidence. Today, you can find a lot of tutorials for replacing and cleaning each type of shower head, from different manufacturers. At the least, you will be able to contact the customer care and ask your doubts. This way, you can be sure that the cleaning task is done with perfection and care. Also, when you don’t think the mineral deposition is minimal, follow the easy way. However, as we mentioned earlier, it should be done on a regular basis. The concept is simple. It does not matter whether you have best of the best shower head products; it’s not going to last long if you’d miss the cleaning part.