Cleaning dehumidifiers is surely not one of the easiest of tasks in our daily routine. As the process involves a lot of redundant and exhausting steps, many people either tend to decrease the frequency or even skip it completely. But skipping or even delaying the cleansing process of the best dehumidifier is certainly not a very good idea.
Adverse effects of skipping dehumidifier cleaning
This is because an unclean dehumidifier not only has a much lower efficiency rate than normal, but it also has damaging effects on the ambiance.
With the scaling of the internal system of the appliance due to saline water, the complete mechanism might malfunction. And with the unclean filters, the germs and other microbes find an easy means of transport to your ambiance, and in turn, to your body.
For these reasons, rather than skipping this essential process of cleaning your dehumidifiers, try to find easier ways to do so.
And congratulations, you really have found one! So, below is the ideal step by step method for the complete and proper disinfection of your dehumidifier unit.
How to Clean the Dehumidifier
Try to follow the steps given below carefully and properly in order to get the best results:
- Safety First. Unplug your dehumidifier unit before starting the process so as to erase all possibilities of an unexpected electric shock.
- Wipeout all dust and dirt particles from the exterior of the unit using a dry cloth. Thereafter, clean it using a damp cloth.
- Clean up the empty water tank of the unit using warm water and soap to remove all the germs, molds, mildews, and dirt particles left in the water tank as the heavy residue. Therefore, it is better to scrub the tank in order to prevent such microbial growth in there.
- Rinse the dirty removable air filter through normal water thoroughly. This is one of the most important steps. Filters are directly related to the cleanliness of the air in your surroundings.
- If you could spot a dirty region in the inapproachable part of the unit, it is better to vacuum it out using an attachment rather than taking the risk with water.
How often should you do it?
There is no harm in repeating the process more and more times. You can fix the frequency of cleaning by observing the amount of dirt found in the dehumidifier during cleaning. However, you should try to practice it at least once or twice every month.
So, this was the simple step by step method along with the prescribed frequency of cleaning your dehumidifier unit. We hope you could find this article helpful with your query.