Time flies too fast. Last time it’s the holiday season. And it’s already another year now. This only means that from another decade history will emerge. And as it’s a new year, the architecture and interior design industries are in line with new updates.
Homeowners therefore have very high chances of remodeling their bathrooms. And as many new designs are coming out for this new year, some homeowners and builders may make some bathroom remodeling mistakes.
By committing these kinds of errors, it can destroy the design and cost you much more to remodel your bathroom. When remodeling toilets, there are some things you shouldn’t do to prevent these kinds of problems:
Not having a proper remodeling plan
- If you don’t have a proper remodeling plan, you might be making the biggest mistake of your life. Not being able to have a renovation plan can cause multiple problems and issues. Aside from this, you will also encounter lack of budget, low-level designs, and poor-quality bathroom appliances.
Neglecting to add enough storage
- It is definitely okay if you want a specific theme for your bathroom. You just don’t want to compromise storage spaces to achieve this look.
Making the toilet the first thing a person sees
- If you are planning to let your bathroom contractor do this, you are reducing the classiness of the bathroom. You can put the toilet at the place farthest from the door.
Refraining from having a proper ventilation plan
- Just like a remodeling plan, you should also have a proper ventilation plan in your bathroom as this is where the air goes in and out.
Ignoring the project timeline
- Your contractor will give you a schedule when the project will be done. You are responsible to check this from time to time.
For more information, check out this infographic by DURACARE Baths.